Energy & Gas Certificates

Professional, Affordable, Reliable

What is required?



As a landlord, you are legally responsible for the safety of your tenants in relation to gas safety. This requires you to ensure an annual gas safety check is conducted on each appliance and flue. You must also keep a record of each safety check.
You must ensure that any gas appliances (permanent or portable), and gas flues that you own and provide for use by your tenants have regular gas safety checks.



When you sell or let a property in the UK you are required to ensure a current and valid Energy Performance Certificate is in place. The certificate is valid for 10 years so you may already have one for the property available. Check HERE to see if your clients property has an EPC.



Whilst a PAT test is often required for places of work and commercial premises, it is not currently a legal requirement for Landlords.

Many experts, including those from the Electrical Safety Council, recommend that landlords make a visit to the property and perform a visual inspection themselves of each of the electrical appliances provided within the rented property. Checking cables that are worn or plugs that are damaged. It is also recommended that any new items feature the ‘CE’ kite mark which is the manufacturer’s claim that it meets all European safety legislation.

How can your services help me?

Our service is designed to provide you with the correct certification for
your property and appliances under the supervision of a certified engineer.

All appointments conducted by certified engineers

Full public and employer liability insurance in place for every appointment

The certification is produced and available inside 24hours of the site visit

We can send reminders close to when previous certificates are expiring for you

What happens following a booking

  • Order

    Once an order is received online we will make contact with the designated person to arrange access to the property with the availability of the Engineer.
  • Confirmation

    We will confirm the appointment and send SMS/Email reminders to those attending or providing access.
  • Certification

    The Engineer will then return the appropriate certification for the property by 9am the following morning.

Timescales for services provision under law

The law requires all agents to ensure than an EPC is in place or has been commissioned, before marketing starts.

This means that the estate / letting agent has confirmation that an EPC has been instructed to an accredited Assessor to carry out an Energy performance assessment and produce an EPC, and enclosed the payment for the EPC or an undertaking to pay for it (e.g. a purchase order number).

Selling – Once ordered, all reasonable efforts must be used to obtain the EPC within 7 days (evidence of an order means you have done so) plus, there is an additional allowance of up to 21 days to obtain the EPC.

Renting – Currently for rented, once an EPC has been ordered, there is no timescale as to when it must be obtained although it must be made available at certain times (such as shown to the tenant at the start of a lease).

Note: The front page of the EPC will need to be attached to written particulars (brochures and internet adverts on Rightmove etc.), or clear reference to how the information can be found (such as a link to a website), or state “information to follow”. As long as you make the information available when you have it and are requested to display it, either by advertisement law or by an “in person” request, you have not broken any laws.

Request a callback

Subscribe me to your Mailing List.

Supporter logo_trm


Address : U37 B-Box, Oswin Road, Leicester LE3 1HR

Contact us

 03333 445 336

Monday to Friday: 8am-8pm
Saturday: 9am-5pm
Sunday: 10am-4pm

Request a callback

Access2View Ltd
U37 B-Box,
3 Oswin Road,
Leicester LE3 1HR